What we do

Hilltops Council provide the following services:

Property inspections
Council inspectors carry out private property inspections for the presence of noxious weeds and assist land owners with control programs and plant identification.

Issue Weed Control Notices (WCN)
Where an occupier does not comply with authorised officers requests, Council can and will issue a WCN under the Biosecurity Act 2015.

Roadside weed management
The Council has designated spray units for use on roadside weed control and private works.

Contract spraying service
Council provides a contract service at competitive rates for all weed control.

Council provides certificates to intending property purchasers, on payment of a fee, stating whether there are outstanding fees, charges or notices on the property.
History: On 1 July 2017 the NSW government proclamation dissolved Southern Slopes County Council and with it the functions of the Southern Slopes Noxious Plant Authority (SSNPA). These functions and operations have been transferred  Hilltops Council which covers Young, Harden and Boorowa. Hilltops Council has now assumed the functions and operations of the SSNPA.