Pay my rates & water accounts

How to make a payment during Council’s Customer Service Office Closures

Hilltops Council are committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, their families and our community. Council have taken various proactive measures to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 as well as ensuring that all directives by the NSW Government are implemented. One such measure has been the temporary closure of our Customer Service Offices.
Councils preferred options for payment while our Customer Service Offices are closed:
  • B/Pay
  • B/Point
  • Credit card payment via MOTO (Mail Order Telephone Order)
Further information regarding these methods of payment can be accessed via our website
Customers that cannot access the above payment methods are able to access their local bank and request a direct deposit to Hilltops Council using the following details:
Account Name:         Hilltops Council
BSB:                            062630
Account NO:             00000020
Ref:                            Bill Reference Number 
Residents are reminded that although the Hilltops Council Customer Service Centres are currently closed to the public, our team are still available via phone and email to assist with any Council related enquiries.
1300 445 586

We are calling on residents to register an email address and ‘Opt In’ to receive Rates and Water Notices electronically.

With the increased cost of postage and longer delivery times, electronic delivery will be timelier, convenient, and will help Council reduce its carbon footprint.

By opting in for electronic delivery of information:
  • You will now receive your Rates or Water Notices as a link to an Adobe PDF sent to your nominated email address.
  • You will no longer receive a physical copy by regular post.

This service will provide a faster, more reliable and environmentally friendly alternative to paper copies.



Commonwealth Bank BPOINT 
To pay your rates or water account by using the secure web service simply click here. Please select the payment type, and then enter the account reference number. The rates account reference number is printed on the front of your Rates Notice and the water account reference number is printed on the front of your water notice. Please read the notices, have your credit card ready and follow the simple instructions. 

(R) Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518

 2. BPAY ®

To pay your rates using BPAY, log onto your internet banking service and select the bill payment option. Hilltops Council's BPAY Biller Code and account Reference Number is printed on the front of your rates notice directly below the Biller Code. 
BPAY can also be used to pay your rates through the phone banking service provided by your financial institution. Follow the simple instructions. 
Note: Not all financial institutions offer BPAY. For more information and a full list of banks, credit unions and building societies offering the service go to the BPAY website or check with your financial institution.


Customers may arrange for regular payments to be made via Direct Debit of Financial Institution Accounts. To use this service you must register with Council and provide some details of your nominated accounts. 
A registration form may be downloaded from the Council Forms section of the website. Alternatively, you may contact Council and request a registration form. Forms can be faxed, posted or collected from Council's Offices.


Make your cheque payable to Hilltops Council, cross "Not Negotiable" and post to: 
Hilltops Council 
Locked Bag 5 
Young NSW 2594

A receipt will be issued and posted to you if you mark the "Receipt Required" box on the bottom section of the account/notice. Be sure to return this section of the notice with your payment.