Council awarded the funds at their 28 October Ordinary Meeting with the adoption of recommendations of the Sponsorship/Financial Assistance Committee for the distribution of funds as per Council’s budget allocation and policies.
In announcing the fund recipients, Hilltops Mayor Brian Ingram took the opportunity to thank all applicant groups for the work they do within the community.
“Hilltops Council is committed to providing financial assistance to community led groups to support and grow local events and activities. This is one way that we, as a Council, can support the community and assist them with the fantastic work they do,” he said.
Council received a large number of applications from a wide cross section of community and sporting groups across the Hilltops and a total of $35,116 has been allocated amongst the following organisations:
- Wombat Equestrian Group – Contribution towards insurance costs $1,000
- Young & District Family History Group- Contribution towards annual rent costs $388.88
- Koorawatha Progress Association – Public Liability Insurance $1,000
- Lambing Flat Branch of Fellowship of Australian Writers – Writing your Family History workshop $600
- Hilltops Choir Inc – 2021 Easter Extravaganza Concert $1,000
- Harden Murrumburrah Historical Society – Relocation of Historical Tiverton School $5,000
- Murringo Community Association – Park benches at Murringo Community Hall playground $2,227.50
- Bribbaree Stockman’s Challenge – Purchase of shipping container for storage $5,000
- McLean Oval project Committee – Oval fence replacement at McLean Oval $5,000
- Young Local AECG – Proud and Deadly Awards $2,500
- Maimuru Public School P&C – Maimuru Public School Centenary publication costs $2,500
- Boorowa Business Chamber – Hilltops Spending Spree advertising and promotion costs $5,000
- Young Crisis Accommodation Centre – Dinner Dance Fundraiser $2,500
- Young Society of Artists- 2020/21 Art Exhibition costs $1,400
Council is committed to providing appropriate and equitable financial assistance to the Hilltops community. The next round of funding from the 2020/21 Programs will open for applications in February 2021. Application forms for this funding will be available at Council offices and on Council’s website www.hilltops.nsw.gov.au