This follows Council’s endorsement of the recommendations of the Sponsorship/Financial Assistance Committee for the distribution of the funds as per Council’s budget allocation and policies, at the meeting of Hilltops Council held 24 June 2020.
Hilltops Mayor Brian Ingram thanks these groups for the work they do within the Hilltops community. “Hilltops Council is committed to providing financial assistance to groups in the area to support and grow local events and activities. This is one way that we, as a Council, can support the community and thank these groups for the fantastic work they do,” he said.
Council received a large number of applications from a wide cross section of community and sporting groups across the Hilltops.
A total of $29 128 has been allocated amongst the following organisations:
- Hilltops Food Hall (Young Food Hall) $1000.00 for painting and storage
- Young and District Family History Group $388 towards annual rental costs
- Young Society of Artists $1000 towards cost of public liability insurance
- Harden Murrumburrah Mens Shed $1000 towards waste disposal costs (2 year period)
- Young Combined Hockey Association Inc. $1150 to upgrade canteen freezer and field PA and purchase tables and chairs
- Young Mens Shed $5000 for electrical and lighting works in new shed
- Boorowa Ex Services Club – Womens Bowls $2590 for two retractable sunshades
- Bribbaree Bowling Club $5000 to upgrade the septic system
- Harden CWA $2500 to demolish and replace retaining wall at CWA Harden
- Hilltops Arts & Young Society of Artists $2500 to host a two week ‘artist in residence’ program
- Boorowa Ex Services Club $2500 towards the National H Car Club event
- Boorowa Ex Services Club $1000 towards Men’s Bowling Tournament
- Boorowa Ex Services Club $1000 towards Women’s Bowling Tournament
- Boorowa Ex Services Club $2500 towards a fitness training program for elderly residents.
Council also resolved to allocate a donation of $200 to all schools (twenty in total) within the Hilltops Local Government Area (LGA), for book prizes at their 2020 presentations as per the Committee recommendation.
An amount of $20,000 was allocated toward the cost of providing relief for all users of Council facilities who have been unable to use those facilities as a result of Covid19 restrictions, as per the Sponsorship and Financial Assistance Committee recommendation.
Any unspent funds from this year’s programs will rollover to the 2020/2021 Budget for financial assistance and sponsorship programs.
Council is committed to providing appropriate and equitable financial assistance to the Hilltops community. The 2020/2021 Programs will open for applications in August 2020, application forms for this funding will be available at Council offices and on Council’s website www.hilltops.nsw.gov.au