Looking to safely get rid of your household chemicals? Hilltops Council are pleased to announce that the annual Household Chemical CleanOut event is on again.
Now is the time to take advantage of this free service to clean out and get rid of problem waste such as old household and garden chemicals, pool chemicals, gas bottles and paint.
The Household Chemical CleanOut events will be held on Friday 20th and Saturday 21st July. Dates and locations are as follows;
Friday 20th July – 8am-11am. Boorowa Showground, Ballyryan Rd, Boorowa
Friday 20th July – 1pm-4pm. Murrumburrah Transfer Station on Araluen Rd, Murrumburrah
Saturday 21st July – 8am-2.30pm. Victoria Street Waste Management Facility, Victoria St, Young
What can you take to a Household Chemical CleanOut event?
Household quantities (maximum of 20 litres or 20kg of a single item) of the following chemicals and items will be accepted on the day:
- Solvents and household cleaners
- floor care products
- Ammonia based cleaners
- Pesticides and Herbicides
- Pool Chemicals
- Hobby Chemicals
- Acids and alkalis
- Motor fuels
- Fluorescent globes and tubes
- Smoke detectors,
- Paint and paint related products
- Gas bottles
- Fire extinguishers
- Car and household batteries,
Business related and commercial quantities of chemicals are not accepted.
Please remember to treat these chemicals and items carefully while transporting them. Where possible;
- keep chemicals in their original containers and don’t mix them.
- Clearly label and seal containers and wrap them on newspaper or place in sturdy plastic bags or containers to transport. If you don’t know the contents, label the container ‘unknown’
- please keep chemicals away from passengers i.e. Transport them in the boot of your car.
For further information please contact your local Hilltops Council Administration Office.
Sarah Karaitiana 0418 755 092