For Immediate Release Thursday 14 September 2023
Authorised by Anthony O’Reilly
Temporary Road Closures for Boorowa Irish Woolfest Celebrations
Temporary road closures for Boorowa Irish Woolfest will be in place along Marsden Street from Jugiong Street to Brial Street on Sunday 1 October 2023.
The following roads will be closed during the celebrations:
- Pudman Street between Scott Street and Market Street from 6am to 6pm Sunday 1 October 2023.
- Marsden Street between Jugiong Street and Brial Street from 6am to 6pm Sunday 1 October 2023 for through Parking vehicles will be directed to parking areas.
- Queen Street from St Patrick’s Catholic Church to Market Street from 8pm on Saturday 30 September 2023 to 6pm Sunday 1 October
- Scott Street between Queen Street and Lachlan Valley Way from 6am to 6pm Sunday 1 October
The following detours will be in place for the Boorowa Irish Woolfest Parade:
- From Yass, right onto Jugiong Street, left onto Market Street, right onto Pudman Street, left onto Court Street left onto Brial Street and right onto Lachlan Valley Way, 6am to 6pm on Sunday 1 October
- From Cowra, left onto Brial Street, Right onto Court Street, right onto Pudman Street, left onto Market Street, right onto South Street and left onto Lachlan Valley Way, 6am to 6pm Sunday 1 October
Disabled parking is available behind St Patrick’s Church (via Scott Street). Bus Zone Drop- off will be along Market Street, close to the Boorowa Recreation Club.
Parking on Marsden Street and some side streets including Queen, Scott and Pudman Streets from 11:59pm Saturday 30 September until 6pm Sunday October 2023 will be prohibited due to the scheduled event.
Media enquiries – Hilltops Council 1300 445 586