For Immediate Release 28/02/2023
Authorised by Anthony O’Reilly
Hilltops Council is seeking feedback from the community and stakeholders on the management of the Young Cemetery through the public exhibition of the draft Young Cemetery Plan of Management (PoM). As the Young Cemetery is public land classified as ‘community land’, a plan of management is required to be prepared in accordance with Local Government Act 1993.
Council resolved at their Ordinary Council Meeting on 22 February 2023 to endorse this draft plan to be placed on public exhibition for a period of 42 days. The draft Young Cemetery Plan of Management is on public exhibition from 28 February 2023 to 11 April 2023.
Council has appointed sala4D to prepare a PoM for the Young Cemetery. Hilltops and sala4D are seeking feedback from stakeholders of Young Cemetery and the wider community on:
- How the Young Cemetery is used
- What are the key management objectives for the Young Cemetery
- How to achieve those management objectives
If you wish to provide feedback to Council on the draft Young Cemetery Plan of Management the following options are available:
- Attend the community drop-in session on Thursday 23 March 2023 between 7pm and 8pm at the Young Town Hall – 189 Boorowa Street, Young
- Book an individual meeting on either Thursday 23 March 2023 between 2pm and 4pm or Friday 24 March 2023 between 9am to 11am at the Young Town Hall -189 Boorowa Street, Young
- Complete an online ‘Consultation Survey’ available on Council’s website at https://www.hilltops.nsw.gov.au/council/community-consultation/
- Email Council a written submission, noting the title: Submission to Draft Young Cemetery Plan of Submissions must be received by 12pm Midday, 11 April 2023 and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To RSVP to the drop-in session or arrange a meeting to discuss the draft PoM, please contact Sue Montier at sala4D on 0455 587 720 or email email@example.com.
The draft PoM is available on Councils website under “Draft plans, policies & procedures on display” via https://www.hilltops.nsw.gov.au/council/draft-plans-policies-procedures-on- display/.
Media enquiries – Hilltops Council 1300 445 586