The preparation of the Draft Hilltops LEP for consultation is a major step towards consolidating and upgrading all land use planning controls and standards in use across Hilltops. The LEP provides land use planning controls that govern ‘day to day’ planning and development decisions.
Council received the initial review and Gateway Determination of the LEP and supporting material from the State Government in January 2021. This was then endorsed by Hilltops Council to place on public exhibition at the February 2021 Ordinary Council Meeting.
The aims of the Draft Hilltop LEP are to:
- provide consistent planning controls across the whole of the Hilltops Local Government Area.
- progress the short term strategic objectives established within Hilltops 2040, the official Local Strategic Planning Statement for Hilltops; and
- ensure the document is consistent with the latest State Government planning legislation and policy.
Council invites you to provide your feedback on the Draft Hilltops LEP 2021 during the public exhibition period from Monday 15 March to Monday 26 April 2021.
You can view the Draft Hilltops LEP via Council’s dedicated LEP Consultation website, lep.hilltops.nsw.gov.au/ The Consultation Website includes all of the draft Hilltops LEP documents and interactive Online Mapping to view the current and proposed planning controls.
During the public exhibition period Council Officers are available for appointments to discuss the draft LEP and what it means for your property, business or industry. Additionally, various consultation and engagement activities will be undertaken with the community, stakeholders and government agencies will take place during the public exhibition period.
You can provide a submission in writing by Monday 26 April 2021 in one of the following ways:
- Online – Via Feedback form on Councils Draft Hilltops LEP Consultation website: lep.hilltops.nsw.gov.au/
- Via Email – Subject title – Draft Hilltops Local Environmental Plan 2021 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via Post – to The General Manager, Hilltops Council, Locked Bag 5 YOUNG NSW 2594
If you have any questions, require further information or clarification, please contact Council’s Strategic Planning Team on 1300 445 586, email email@example.com or make an appointment to speak with a Council Planner via lep.hilltops.nsw.gov.au.
After public consultation, all submissions received will be reviewed and inform a revised Hilltops LEP to be presented to Council in mid 2021 for final endorsement. Subject to endorsement, the finalised document will then be sent to the State Government and Minister of Planning and Public Spaces for the Hilltops LEP to be completed and take effect.
“After receiving the Gateway Determination from the State Government, Council is now seeking feedback from residents and businesses on the Draft Hilltops LEP. I invite residents to provide feedback and have their say to ensure we produce a plan that is right for all of Hilltops,” said Hilltops Council General Manger Anthony O’Reilly.