Hilltops Council currently engages with the community in a number of ways, including social media. You may like to follow us to stay up to date with all the latest news and info from Hilltops Council.
User Guidelines for Hilltops Council Social Media use
While the Social Media accounts of Hilltops Council are an open forum, they are also family friendly. For this reason, we request that all comments and wall posts be appropriate for general exhibition.
- Please respect others.
- We really encourage you to comment on stories and make posts on our pages – it’s here for you. However, we do not tolerate bullying. Anybody making abusive, disruptive or offensive comments will be blocked from posting on the page.
- No swearing – please keep it clean!
- Please keep it friendly. We know that not everyone will agree with one another all of the time and we welcome debate. But we will remove, without notice, anything that we consider to be libellous or off topic/unrelated.
- Sorry – we don’t allow commercial advertising.
- We are happy to promote Council services, partner organisations, voluntary groups or charities connected to the Council on our profiles.
- We reserve the right to remove overtly political comments made on our pages/profiles. We will remove any content that doesn’t meet with our guidelines as soon as we see it. We reserve the right to amend these rules from time to time and will post an update for users.
For all official correspondence please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 445 586.
We ask that you abide by the following guidelines when adding comments or posting items:
- No graphic, obscene or explicit comments or submissions.
- No material which may be deemed offensive by any person.
- No comments or submissions which are abusive, hateful, or intended to defame any individual or organisation.
- No solicitations or advertisements.
- No comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
Participation in this page is done at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
Any comments or submissions which do not comply with the above guidelines will be removed from the page immediately.
Individuals who repeatedly go against the above guidelines will be blocked from using it.
Thank you for your cooperation.