For Immediate Release 14/01/2022
Authorised by Anthony O’Reilly
-Call for Expressions of Interest-
Hilltops delegates to the NSW Southern Regional Planning Panel
Hilltops Council is seeking Expressions of Interest from applicants with a diverse background in a broad range of skills and experience to be the Council Appointed members on the NSW Southern Regional Planning Panel (SRPP).
Council is looking to appoint two members and two alternate members. Membership on the SRPP is for a period of up to three years. Applications are to be submitted via email@example.com to Hilltops Council no later than 5pm on Monday 31 January 2022.
About the Southern Regional Planning Panel
The NSW Southern Regional Planning Panel provides independent, merit- based decision making on regional development. Regional development is development which is notified and assessed by a local council and then determined by the SRPP.
- determine regionally significant development applications (DAs), certain other DAs and s4.55(2) and s4.56 modification applications;
- act as the Planning Proposal Authority (PPA) when directed;
- undertake rezoning reviews;
- provide advice on other planning and development matters when requested; and
- determine site compatibility certificates under the State Environmental Planning Policy (Housing for Seniors or People with a Disability) 2004.
Hilltops Council refers Development Applications that meet the following criteria to the SRPP for determination:
- Regional development, as outlined in Schedule 7 of the State Environmental Planning Policy (State and Regional Development) 2011
- development with a Capital Investment Value (CIV) over $30 million;
- development with a CIV over $5 million which is:
- Council related
- lodged by or on behalf of the Crown (State of NSW)
- private infrastructure and community facilities
- eco-tourist facilities
- extractive industries, waste facilities and marinas that are designated development,
- certain coastal subdivisions
- development with a CIV between $10 million and $30 million which is referred to the Planning Panel by the applicant after 120 days.
Developments which meet State Significant Development criteria are not determined by the Sydney and Regional Planning Panels.
The panel comprises office five members – three appointed by the Minister and two appointed by Hilltops Council. Further information on Planning Panels is available via the NSW Planning Portal website: https://www.planningportal.nsw.gov.au/planningpanels
Submit your application of Interest in Council Membership on the SRPP
Please submit completed applications responding to each of the below criteria via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selection criteria for Council members includes:
- Senior level experience in dealing with multiple stakeholders;
- High level communication skills;
- Capability to drive high profile outcomes in a credible and authoritative manner;
- High level analytical skills; and
- Knowledge of the assessment of complex development and planning matters.
At least one of the two Council nominees must have a high level of expertise in one or more of the following fields:
Planning / Architecture / Environment / Urban Design / Land Economics / Traffic and Support / Law / Conveyancing / Engineering / Tourism.
In addition to the above, applicants must demonstrate a sound knowledge of the Planning Panel process and their ability to adhere to the Code of Conduct and Operational Procedures. Council cannot accept applications from persons who are property developers or real estate agents. Payment will be in accordance with the NSW Government’s guidelines.
Applications must be lodged no later than 5pm on Monday 31 January 2022.
If you should have any queries regarding the Expression of Interest please contact Bryce Weedon, Senior Strategic Planner via email@example.com or on 1300 445 586.
Hilltops Council 1300 445 586